Since opening our outpatients and diagnostics facility at 77 Wimpole Street, RB&HH Specialist Care has been collaborating with select physicians through practising privileges.
A select group of consultants and GPs have been invited to treat patients at RB&HH Specialist Care's outpatients and diagnostics facility, 77 Wimpole Street.
Due to the success of this, a more comprehensive practising privileges policy has been developed, so that more specialists can make use of the high-quality private patient facilities at 77 Wimpole Street.
We invite clinicians to practice at 77 Wimpole Street if they fit one of the following three criteria:
- hold an honorary contract with Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust (as a cardiothoracic consultant or another specialty)
- are recommended by RB&HH consultants, and specialise in an area which may cause a heart and/or lung condition as a side effect
- are a GP with a specialist interest in cardiology or respiratory conditions, or have an existing practice and an excellent reputation.
The practising privileges policy was developed in order to maintain our reputation. We need to ensure that consultants who are offered the opportunity to practice will uphold the Trust’s policies, and that their level of practice is of a suitable standard.
RB&HH Specialist Care's honorary consultants and GPs:
- Dr Sangita Agarwal, consultant physician and rheumatologist
- Dr Farah Alobeidi, consultant neuroradiologist
- Mr George Fayad, consultant ear, nose and throat surgeon
- Dr Renee Kellerman, general practitioner
- Dr Edward Leatham, consultant cardiologist
- Dr Kinesh Patel, consultant gastroenterologist
- Dr Jiri Pavlu, consultant haematologist
- Dr David Silk, consultant gastroenterologist
- Dr Marie-Amélie Lebel-Laurencin, general practitioner