Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals Specialist Care offers a number of same-day or short-notice appointments, to speed up the diagnostic service and offer patients peace of mind.
Rapid access cardiac clinic
For patients experiencing chest pain, or other cardiac symptoms requiring non-emergency assessment, we offer same-day appointments with our leading cardiologists.
We have some of the UK's most advanced diagnostic equipment and facilities at our hospitals and at 77 Wimpole Street, our outpatients and diagnostics centre. Patients have access to on-site tests and scans, and results can be issued within 24 hours.
Rapid access appointments with other NHS clinics can take up to two weeks. You can save time and get peace of mind by coming to our rapid access cardiac clinic for private treatment.
To make an appointment for a cardiac clinic, contact our customer services team on +44 (0)20 3553 2617.
Rapid diagnostic service
For patients who require a test to help diagnose a heart or lung condition, we offer same-day or short-notice appointments. If more than one test is needed, we would be pleased to arrange for them to all be completed in one visit.
Tests available for same-day or short-notice appointments include:
- complex echocardiogram (including stress echo)
- electrocardiogram (ECG)
- chest x-ray
- holter monitoring (ECG tape) for 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours.
- trans-telephonic event recorders (King of Hearts)
- 24-hour blood pressure monitor
- nuclear medicine scans including myocardial perfusion scan (only offered to patients who have not had caffeine in the last 24 hours)
- exercise stress test
- blood tests
- CT scanning with a 64-slice CT scanner or the advanced Dual Source Flash scanner
- cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR)
- bone density scan
- lung function tests
- single and dual chamber pacemaker and defibrillator follow-up (pacing check).
To make an appointment for a diagnostic test, contact our customer services team on +44 (0)20 3553 2620.